October 4, 2014

All I have needed . . .

...thy  hand hath provided.

I woke this morning with something weighing heavy on my mind and I just couldn't shake it.  Is it just me or does that happen to anyone else?  I grabbed my coffee and sat out on the balcony, 445am, rolling this thing over and over and over in my mind until it just frustrated me so.  I walked into the kitchen to refill by cup and on the way back to the balcony I saw the earphones and decided I needed some music.  Dialing through the gospel and spiritual genre there was "Great is Thy Faithfulness".  I stood listening and singing (softly, it was 5am and most neighbors still asleep :-) ).  I came to the line of "All I have needed thy hand hath provided" thinking back over life and the truth of that line - - - and I just teared up and began praising the Lord and dancing to His wonderfulness! 

My question at the beginning of "is it just me", the answer is no.  I cannot imagine that this doesn't happen to each of us at one time or another.  It's what we do with it after that makes the difference, we can let it fester and ruin our day (or longer), we can write out a plan to 'fix' it (but never follow through on the plan), we can push it to the back and hope that it'll just go away (and it will...for a while, but it comes back), or we can hand it off to God and get on with our day (He'll keep it and take care of it by guiding us along the right path).  I've done all of the above options, trust me our days are numbered so don't let it (whatever "it" may be for you) ruin one moment, giving it to God is by far the best choice.

I love the wording of the paraphrase of Matthew 6:33 in the message:

"People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met."

My favorite Paul said it best, (Philippians 4:18 NLT)

18 "At the moment I have all I need—and more!"


Great is Thy faithfulness, mercy and love.

.





No comments:

Post a Comment