August 9, 2018

Transparency

It may sound crazy to say one should be transparent with God when God knows us better than we know ourselves.

Yet as I sat with Him this morning, ending (or so I thought) our time (before the day took off running) at Psalm 38.  I found myself voicing things I’ve kept placing under the umbrella of “You know…” , things that for a while I’ve wondered why I didn’t really feel He knew...

Things poured out of me like a much needed rain on a dry land, no umbrella to cover my words, no “You know”, just an opening up of things that I know He knows but that He needed me to say. 

The transparency needed was me to Him and to me, a very needed and transparent conversation with my Father.

As David said in Psalm 38:9

All my longings lie open before you LORD;
my sighing is not hidden from you.  

.

No comments:

Post a Comment