November 19, 2016

Simply because they are a person…

I read something by Max Lucado* (in a book of his that I've read and re-read) that if Jesus could teach us one thing it would be that a person has value simply because they are a person.

I love that, after the creation of the things of the world God created man. And it was good, very good.

Over 20 years ago I lived in an area where racism ran rampant and it shocked me.  Young and naive it saddened me and I couldn’t believe that racism actually existed to such a degree.  Now, older and not as naive, I'm happy to say it still shocks me.  It seems to be worsening not improving, we’re moving further and further from love and respect of each other.

Some say that our parents and or our leaders must be our right example, and I agree. Yet what about when they are not the right example?  What then?  Who then?

Micah 6:8 (NLT)
O people, the LORD has told you what is good,
    and this is what he requires of you:
to do what is right, to love mercy,
    and to walk humbly with your God.

I get tired of hearing it (and certainly have had my share of failure at it); I almost don’t want to type it as the world is so narcissistic that I doubt this will be well received but people of planet earth … we need to be the bigger person and do right, love mercy, walk humbly with God.

.

*No Wonder They Call Him The Savior by  Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment