November 9, 2016

November 9, 2016

1 Timothy 2:2-4, 8 
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.  Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.

Many year ago, in the back of a Bible I had been given, was an outline of sorts as to how to arrange prayers so that the many areas of our lives and the many requests are organized and can be touched on consistently.  Another of my lists that I find useful in life, an update is now needed.

Thursdays for me is the day I focus on the United States of America and its leaders and their families, the list will be edited to now include Donald and Melania Trump, Mike and Karen Pence and their families.  As I pray for the Obama and Biden families to transition to their new posts in life, I will pray the same for the Trump and Pence families and forward for the next 4 years.

Year ago I heard a pastor suggest these prayers for our leaders:  that they know Christ and accept Him as Savior, that they do the work, that has been assigned to them by God,  with kindness, compassion, integrity and generosity.

And so it begins:

Dear Lord this morning I lift up to you the Obama, Biden, Trump and Pence families, in particular Barak, Joe, Donald and Mike, Lord I am confident that You indeed know what You are doing (Jer. 29:11 MSG), these men are in Your hands, I respect Your judgment and pray that first You fill them each with the Holy Spirit and that it is You, Your wisdom, discernment, power and desires that lead them as they lead the United States of America. I pray for citizens that we also, seek and heed Your wisdom and discernment in our daily lives, over all LORD, your will be done, I pray and ask in Jesus’ name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment