July 29, 2016

Psalm 19:1

Psalm 19:1 
The heavens are telling of the glory of God; 
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

It’s been a hectic couple of weeks for me, mostly in the fact that my body is in ‘healing’ mode from a fall and the day to day tasks seem to take more energy than normal so I feel as though it is hectic, when, if I really think about it, I’ve actually been in rest mode.  I’m not great at rest mode (unless of course I’ve planned it).  Don’t judge me, :-)

I’ve found my way through to the weekend and am glad to say the work week is done.  All week I’ve envisioned my Saturday morning, a homemade latte, me and Jackson on the balcony, simply watching the sky brighten into a new day.  It’s my favorite time of the day, just me and the LORD. It is a time of prayer, reading of His Words, a time to fellowship with the One and Only.  The weekend days I enjoy it more, with no place (usually) to rush out to, the pace is more leisurely, the latte sipped slower, Jackson get a few extra back rubs…

And we sit, still and silent with the LORD of all, sit in yet another new beginning, filled with the new mercies, enjoying the works of His hands.

The heavens telling me of His glory...



No comments:

Post a Comment