June 12, 2015

The beauty of the still moment with Him, by Him.

Struggling with fatigue of late, this morning I was wonderfully surprised to wake on time, before the sun, and sit out on the balcony with all my regular quiet time things ~ the Large Print Bible, the daily devotion, journal, coffee, and Jackson.  And I dig into the Word, praising Him for waking me on time and that I actually feel awake, it felt so very good.

I prayed and read and wrote when something (I truly don’t remember what) happened and my gaze left the pages and went to the sky and there it was - a cloud.
Something about it grabbed my attention, first the color and the light caught my eye, it had those bright white and pale pinks mixed together in a bit of a swirl…it reminded me of a dolphin rolling in the ocean, smooth skin and rounded…as I looked there was even a touch of blue-grey in its hues.  It made me stop.

Bible, devotion and journal aside, Jackson in the opposite chair, coffee mug now resting in my hands, poised to take a sip, I breathe deeply.  I sigh and think of God…how amazing He is and how amazing that everything single molecule of that moment, of every moment, is resting in His hands. 
Psalm 57: 9-10

I’m thanking you, God, out loud in the streets,
    singing your praises in town and country.
The deeper your love, the higher it goes;
    every cloud is a flag to your faithfulness.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment