June 26, 2015

Sometimes I sit and think . . .


When I was little one of my cousins had a poster of a gorilla on her wall.  It had a top caption that read “Sometime I sit and think…” another below that read, “sometimes I just sit”.

I enjoy sitting out on the balcony of my apartment in the morning, in my devotions and reading and journaling sometime the morning is gone in a flash.  Of late it seems to just be whizzing by me and it astonished me that I don’t really know what time the sun rises.  I’m out there, it’s coming up, but I’m so engrossed in what I’m doing its dark one second and then it’s time to head off to work…when did the sun rise? 

We’re told when we’re young, “once you’re out of school the times goes so fast”.  They were right, how did I get to 51 so quickly when getting to 21 took so long?  Entrenched in the day to day of life, it seems at time that I miss the days.  The schedules get packed full thinking we’ll experience more and in the process we miss more.  It’s an imbalance of quantity over quality. 

One morning this week I woke very much awake and focused, into reading and journaling, a quick walk to refill the coffee cup and continue yet my eye caught a sparkle. The sun was just beginning to peak through the leaves of the trees.  I didn’t think to look at the clock but I did think this is something to see.

Books, journals, lists aside, coffee cup cradled in my hands, I stopped and watched the sun rise.  It was so peaceful, beautiful and relaxing I did it again the next two mornings and hope to do it again this weekend. 

Most mornings I sit and think and I do love it!  

But sometimes, I just need to sit.

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment