June 28, 2014

Your Shade

Psalm 121:5-6

5 The Lord watches over you— 
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day, 
nor the moon by night.

As I sit out on the balcony and read those words & smile. Just this past week, actually, just last night, I had a shade installed on the balcony. It is summer and here in the desert we do what we can to shield our homes from the heat in an effort to cut electric costs. I was excited to get this shade and so glad it now hung up. Project completed.

When I think of the word shade I get this vision of someone reclining, on a hot summer day, under the shade of a big tree. I looked up the word and part of the definition is ‘sheltered’.

When I read that I thought about it more and realized how the Lord is indeed our Shade. Under the shade of a tree, we find rest, we’re usually relaxed, and we’re usually getting relief from something, sun, rain.

When I sit with my Shade, the world seems less. After I pour out my heart to Him, allow Him to pour His into me, there is rest, relief, a more relaxed me; with renewed strength to weather the weather of life.

The Lord is your Shade so grab the Good Book, recline beneath Him and be renewed.

Matthew 11:28 ~ I will give you rest. 

2 Thessalonians 1:6-8 ~ He is just … and will give relief. 

Matthew 6:30-33 ~ What He’s trying to do is to get you to relax. 



All verses from the New International Version with the exception of Matthew 6:30-33 (Msg).

No comments:

Post a Comment