August 23, 2013

The latest musings, a sequal of sorts....

I reiterate, I love the LORD!
I wake this morning and settle into the quiet (pre 6:03am) and the frustration in me is causing an unfocused mind, yep, I woke that way...which is just what the devil wants, but I just had to have a word from God, I just had to...I'm gonna go crazy if I don't hear from Him! I pray, I begin flipping the pages of my Bible, I settle on a few verses but still "LORD I need to hear from you!"
"Open your devotional for today," I hear His sweet voice say.
On the page, the title for the day: "Blessing Our Enemies." Luke 6:27-28 Jesus said "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."
The author of the devotional is Dr. Charles Stanley, in his writing there are phrases I've underlined "respond with unimaginable grace and dignity", "...love our adversaries and treat them well", this next one got me misty..."God has a redemptive plan in mind for his (this 'enemy') life, and we have an opportunity to help show him the way to the LORD. A bitter or angry response on our part will serve only to feed our adversary's desire to cause harm." "Instead of begging the Father to defeat our enemy, we can ask Him for the opportunity to express genuine Christlike love in the face of opposition. That's the kind of prayer He delights to answer. And when we are priviledge to meet the need of someone who despises us, we might just see and amazing change in his life." (http://www.intouch.org/Magazine/DailyDevotion.aspx)

Sometimes people look at me oddly when I talk of the time I have in the mornings, I'd venture to guess that even some of you, wonder why it means so much, what difference could it make...is the problem now miraculously fixed, no. Yet, I think now I know what Jesus did with the stuff...the stuff within...He let it go. I think I will too.


Life isn't always pleasant and sometimes the ugly in me rears it's head, but today, no, not today.


Blessings to you all,


Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment